Why work for GUS Canada?
When you join our GUS Canada team, you join a community of like-minded professionals, industry experts and thought leaders. Join our team and become part of shaping the future of Canadian and global education.
GUS Canada is strongly committed to cultivating diversity throughout our community. We strive to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming, where everyone is respected and treated fairly. We value diversity and inclusion, cooperation, and sustainability.
GUS Canada also recognizes that it is critical that we attract, retain, promote, and develop talented employees so that our team reflects the diverse backgrounds of the communities we serve.
GUS Canada is an equal opportunity employer promoting fair and unbiased treatment in the workplace and creating unlimited opportunities to thrive. GUS Canada will not discriminate and will take measures to safeguard against discrimination in all aspects of employment on any protected grounds of discrimination. We welcome the diversification of our community by creating and supporting fair and equitable initiatives and removing barriers faced by equity-seeking groups.
How to apply for a staff position
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resumé and the names of three references to: email@example.com
Currently available positions
The Senior Administrative Coordinator plays a crucial role in providing high-level administrative support to streamline the operations of our organization. This position requires a proactive, organized, and detail-oriented individual who can efficiently manage administrative tasks, support various teams, and contribute to overall office efficiency.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to senior management and ensure the efficient operations of the office.
- Manage and coordinate complex calendars, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and conferences, while prioritizing conflicting commitments.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between senior management and internal/external stakeholders, handling correspondence, phone calls, and emails with professionalism and discretion.
- Plan, organize, and execute meetings, including preparing agendas, distributing materials, and recording minutes to facilitate decision-making processes.
- Arrange and coordinate travel itineraries, accommodations, and transportation for senior staff, optimizing efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Manage Executive calendars and scheduling; coordinate and prioritize meetings in person and across multiple time zones using a variety of online meeting platforms.
- Maintain organized and accessible electronic and physical filing systems, ensuring that critical documents and records are readily available when needed.
- Coordinate and manage various events, such as seminars, workshops, and conferences, from inception to execution.
- Assist with personal matters, such as booking personal appointments or handling personal correspondence.
- Take on special projects or tasks as assigned by the executive or senior management.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, and ethical standards and assist in the development and implementation of new administrative policies when necessary.
- Act as a resource for solving administrative and operational issues, proactively identifying potential challenges and proposing effective solutions.
- Prepare and generate reports and presentations as requested by senior management, summarizing data and information accurately and concisely.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion, maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and technology trends to recommend process improvements and enhance administrative efficiency.
- Collaborate with other teams to streamline processes, share best practices, and contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Take on additional tasks and responsibilities as required to support senior management and the smooth operation of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy, and sincerity.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanour.
- Proven self-starter and problem solver.
- Must be deadline-driven and goal-oriented, perform duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion, protecting confidential or sensitive information.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative work experience.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Proven business writing skills, and proficiency in wording, tone, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and ability to design PowerPoint presentations.
Salary range CA$65,000/yr – CA$75,000
GUS Canada is looking for a creative and driven Associate Director of Marketing to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies that elevate our brand and drive business growth. The successful candidate will lead a marketing team, collaborate with various departments, and play a pivotal role in shaping our organization’s image and messaging.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing and communications strategies that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Lead and mentor a team of marketing and communications professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment.
- Ensure brand consistency across all communications, collateral, and marketing materials.
- Oversee the creation of compelling content, including blog posts, press releases, newsletters, social media updates, multimedia presentations, brochures, videos and more.
- Manage digital marketing campaigns, including SEO, email marketing, and social media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media outlets and manage public relations activities, including press releases and media outreach.
- Manage company brand and reputation.
- Responding to crises or challenging situations quickly and professionally
- Monitor and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns, providing reporting and insights for optimization and decision-making.
- Assist with the planning and execution of various marketing events, trade shows, and webinars.
- Oversee special marketing and branding projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications, with a proven track record of successful campaigns.
- 2+ years of managerial and leadership experience.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools and analytics.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends and emerging marketing technologies.
Salary range CA$85,000/yr – CA$90,000/yr
The incumbent will coordinate and administer general HR activities across the GUS Canada brands. This position functions in an environment where considerable attention to detail and the ability to handle highly confidential material is required. The position is expected to be customer service-oriented and exhibit a high degree of diplomacy and discretion.
The HR Advisor position is responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the company: Recruitment:
- Undertake end-to-end recruitment activities to attract and onboard right-fit candidates including posting jobs, screening resumes, conducting phone interviews, coordinating interviews with line managers, contacting references and drafting offer letters.
- Select the most qualified candidates and maintain relationships with employment agencies
- Assisting Managers decide on salaries to offer to new hires • Review and modify pay structures based on external markets as per benchmark studies. Employee policies & benefits:
- Draft and revise policies and ensure they are well communicated to team members.
- Assist in the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Responds to employee and manager inquiries related to policy interpretation, processes, and programs; escalates matters as required.
- Maintaining and updating the company’s employee handbook and policies in accordance with all provincial and federal requirements, training and educating staff where necessary.
- Handle employee life-cycle events i.e. probation confirmation, transfer, etc.
- Manage termination-related matters and prepare termination letters
- Support HRBPs with a progressive discipline policy.
- Advise and support leaders on team relations related issues by answering questions, giving directions, escalating issues, and offering solutions as appropriate
- Be well-versed in laws and regulations regarding hiring and terminating
- Provides support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolves any issues that may arise.
- Manage the benefits administration from enrolling, removing employees, reviewing and analyzing plans.
- Maintain employee documentation in a central database and prepare monthly HR reports
- Administer and monitor the Performance Assessment process.
- Coordinate learning & development processes.
- Ensure professional development plans are implemented (if any).
- Work with line managers and management to develop employee training manuals.
- Proactively build high engagement culture in the organization by way of interventions as per various organization survey outcomes
- Support & deliver the engagement activities for all GUS Canada brand
- Help organize social events and programs to help teams build bonds
- Guide and support managers on good people practices and organizational change initiatives
- Work with our local leadership teams to foster a safe and positive work environment
- Manage special HR projects, policy updates, mental health & staff wellbeing activities and employment legislation updates as required.
- Work with various functional leads to help coach and develop management and leadership skills critical for scaling the organization.
- Tracks key HR metrics; compiles reports and presentations and provides recommendations as assigned.
- Keeps current with relevant employment-related legislation and HR trends and best practices to ensure relevancy and compliance.
- Identify and implement internal process improvements for all HR and Administrative operations, as well as own any initiatives in support of improving employee relations.
- Document the “as is” process models, compare them to the “to be” process models and determine the necessary steps for change. Other duties as assigned
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Proven ability to build positive customer relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and organize multiple tasks effectively and to see them through to timely completion
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience facilitating engagement events
- Experience in with working with C Level Employees
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Experience with graphic design and/or Canva an asset
- Excellent time and self-management
- Relevant Recruitment Training
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with HR concentration
- Minimum 2+ years of HR Administrative experience
- General understanding of employment standards and legislation
- CPHR preferred
- Experience in full cycle recruitment
Salary range CA$65,000/yr – CA$75,000/yr
The Manager, Corporate Development will report directly to the CFO. The Manager, Corporate Development will be a key asset in the future growth of the Company by helping to support the group’s corporate development activity. The successful candidate will be supporting the CFO and spearheading the Company’s buy side and sell side activity and other corporate development projects and related analysis.
- Support process-related activities in conjunction with internal teams and external advisors
- Create dynamic and flexible financial models and work with stakeholders on development of assumptions that underpin the modelling
- Create management and prospective investor presentations and related analysis
- Lead information gathering and analysis as part of the due diligence process
- Financial statement analysis, including QoE, normalizations and any other relevant adjustments
- Performing ad hoc analysis where required to assist in management decision making (ex. price/volume impact analysis, real estate and capacity related analysis, etc.)
- Support end-to-end deal lifecycle activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a change in a fast-paced environment
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across the organization
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics
- Excellent teamwork skills and collaborative nature
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 3 years – 5 years with extensive M&A, and advanced financial modelling experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Collaborative and open, partners effectively with others in the organization
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills, manage competing priorities
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Analytic and critical thinking capability, with strong attention to detail; ability to tackle complex problems and break them down into simpler and easier to achieve targets
- High sense of urgency in providing strong level of service and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Demonstrated business acumen and decision-making skills
The Tax Manager plays a pivotal role within GUS Canada’s finance department, responsible for overseeing all aspects of tax compliance, reporting, and strategy. This role involves ensuring the university’s adherence to tax laws and regulations, optimizing tax efficiency, and providing expert guidance on tax-related matters. The Tax Manager will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage tax risks and opportunities while contributing to GUS Canada’s overall financial health.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation, filing, and submission of all required federal, state, and local tax returns, including income, property, sales, and other applicable taxes.
- Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure GUS Canada’s compliance and recommend necessary adjustments to tax strategies and policies.
Tax Planning and Strategy:
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to optimize GUS Canada’s tax position while aligning with its financial and operational objectives.
- Provide expert advice on tax implications related to business decisions, projects, and initiatives, ensuring tax considerations are integrated into the decision-making process.
Tax Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and review tax-related financial statements, disclosures, and documentation for accurate and transparent reporting.
- Maintain organized and comprehensive tax records, documentation, and supporting materials to facilitate audits and inquiries.
Internal Collaboration and Education:
- Collaborate with various GUS Canada departments to provide guidance on tax implications of their activities, ensuring compliance and minimizing tax risks.
- Educate and train staff and stakeholders on tax-related matters, promoting awareness of tax implications and opportunities.
- Liaise with external tax advisors, auditors, and regulatory agencies to facilitate audits, resolve inquiries, and address tax-related issues.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with external partners to ensure GUS Canada’s interests are represented effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Master’s degree and CPA designation preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in tax management, preferably in a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in tax planning, compliance, and strategy development.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to interpret complex tax regulations.
- Proficiency in tax software, financial systems, and spreadsheet tools.
The Budget Business Planner plays a crucial role within GUS Canada’s financial team, responsible for developing, analyzing, and overseeing budgetary plans and strategies. This role involves collaborating with various departments to ensure the efficient allocation of resources, adherence to financial guidelines, and achievement of fiscal goals. The Budget Business Planner will provide insightful financial analysis and recommendations to enhance GUS Canada’s financial performance and support its strategic objectives.
Budget Development and Monitoring:
- Collaborate with GUS Canada’s departments to develop annual operating budgets aligned with strategic goals and priorities.
- Monitor budget performance and variances, identifying trends and providing timely recommendations for corrective actions.
- Create comprehensive budget reports and presentations for senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Conduct thorough financial analysis, including forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, and scenario modeling to support decision-making.
- Evaluate financial data, trends, and metrics to identify opportunities for cost savings, revenue enhancement, and improved financial efficiency.
- Work closely with department heads to allocate resources effectively while ensuring alignment with GUS Canada’s priorities and financial constraints.
- Assist in evaluating funding requests, projects, and initiatives to ensure sound financial viability.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of GUS Canada’s long-term financial strategies, taking into account changing economic conditions and competitive landscapes.
- Provide recommendations for resource allocation to support strategic initiatives and drive sustainable growth.
Financial Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare regular and ad hoc financial reports, summaries, and presentations for GUS Canada’s leadership, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders, fostering a clear understanding of budgetary matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA, CFA) is a plus.
- Proven experience in financial planning, budgeting, and analysis, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and develop actionable insights.
- Proficiency in financial software, spreadsheet tools, and ERP systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy in financial analysis and reporting.
The Senior Financial Analyst plays a critical role in supporting the financial operations of Global University Systems. Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for conducting in-depth financial analysis, generating accurate and timely reports, and providing valuable insights to guide strategic decision-making. This position requires a strong understanding of financial principles, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform comprehensive financial analysis to assess GUS Canada’s financial performance, identify trends, and evaluate variances against budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc financial reports, dashboards, and presentations for GUS Canada leadership, highlighting key financial metrics and insights.
- Analyze revenue and expense patterns, enrollment data, and other relevant factors to provide actionable recommendations for optimizing financial outcomes.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Collaborate with departments across GUS Canada to facilitate the annual budgeting process, ensuring alignment with strategic goals and accurate financial projections.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models and forecasts to support long-term financial planning and resource allocation.
Financial Planning and Strategy:
- Provide financial expertise and insights to GUS Canada’s leadership in developing strategic initiatives, expansion plans, and resource allocation decisions.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, efficiency improvements, and revenue enhancement through data-driven analysis.
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret financial and operational data to uncover insights and trends that inform strategic decisions.
- Collaborate with data management teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data, implementing data quality control processes as needed.
- Work closely with various departments, including finance, administration, academic units, and student services, to gather information, provide financial guidance, and support collaborative projects.
- Collaborate with external partners, such as auditors, regulatory agencies, and financial institutions, to ensure compliance and accurate reporting.
- Identify opportunities to enhance financial processes, reporting methodologies, and data collection techniques to streamline workflows and improve accuracy.
- Participate in the implementation of new financial systems, tools, and technologies to support efficient financial operations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and the use of financial software and tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other data visualization tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Professional certifications such as CFA, CPA, or CMA are desirable.